Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Way: The Little Black Dress

Hello friends! It has been a while since I have given you a coconut of fashionable fun, but with two fashion shows for community service for our friend Mayhem’s group, I have had my hands full! But do not be sad because I am back and ready to make more fashion gems than ever!

Today I am going to give you a lesson on how to work with basics! Here is a set I created for a Little Black Dress contest. Little Black Dresses are important staples in your fashion toolkit! But they can be pretty boring, so you have to go for a look and use lots of accessories.

My Way: Little Black Dress
My Way: Little Black Dress - by the pink cloud on Polyvore.com

See, I am a punkette at heart and a dub girl, so I have to look fabulous even in black. So if I want to be the grabulous trendsetter I am and win the crown of the fashion jungle, I have to use lots of bright colors in my jewelry, wear crazy shoes, and even pair a shirt under my dress! Why? Because fashionable friends, let’s face it: if you want to stand out like a leopard on a plain, you have to be unique!

Here are some things to remember when working with basics:

1. Sometimes basics are boring, so have fun and accessorize!

2. If it is black, load up on colors unless you are going for a Goth/Emo style

3. Jewelry is grabulous, especially if they are big pieces

4. Experiment with accessories, like belts and bags!

5. Do anything you want as long as it is interesting, even like adding pins

So there you have it, friends! Next time you need something basic, do not be afraid! Go out there and grab that plain leaf and rock! You never know what you can do with it!

~The Little Pink Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment